Word 2010/2013: Advanced
Course Objective: You will create, manage, revise, and distribute documents.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who want to gain skills necessary
to manage lengthy documents, collaborate with others, and secure documents.
Prerequisites: Students should be able to use MicrosoftÂ® Office Word 2010/2013 to
create, edit, format, save, and print business documents that contain text, tables,
and graphics. Students should also be able to use a web browser and an email program.
In order to understand how Word interacts with other applications in the Microsoft
Office System, students should have a basic understanding of how worksheets and presentations
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use Word with other programs.
- collaborate on documents.
- manage document versions.
- add reference marks and notes.
- simplify the use of long documents.
- secure a document.
- create forms.
Lesson 1: Using Microsoft Office Word 2010 with Other Programs
- Topic 1A: Link a Word Document to an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 1B: Send a Document Outline to MicrosoftÂ® Office PowerPointÂ®
- Topic 1C: Send a Document as an Email Message
Lesson 2: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic 2A: Modify User Information
- Topic 2B: Send a Document for Review
- Topic 2C: Review a Document
- Topic 2D: Compare Document Changes
- Topic 2E: Merge Document Changes
- Topic 2F: Review Track Changes and Comments
- Topic 2G: Coauthor a Document
Lesson 3: Managing Document Versions
- Topic 3A: Create a New Document Version
- Topic 3B: Compare Document Versions
- Topic 3C: Merge Document Versions
Lesson 4: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
- Topic 4A: Insert Bookmarks
- Topic 4B: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic 4C: Add Captions
- Topic 4D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic 4E: Add Cross-References
- Topic 4F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Simplifying the Use of Long Documents
- Topic 5A: Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Topic 5B: Insert an Index
- Topic 5C: Insert a Table of Figures
- Topic 5D: Insert a Table of Authorities
- Topic 5E: Insert a Table of Contents
- Topic 5F: Create a Master Document
Lesson 6: Securing a Document
- Topic 6A: Hide Text
- Topic 6B: Remove Personal Information from a Document
- Topic 6C: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic 6D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Topic 6E: Set a Password for a Document
- Topic 6F: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 7: Creating Forms
- Topic 7A: Add Form Fields to a Document
- Topic 7B: Protect a Form
- Topic 7C: Automate a Form