Phi Theta Kappa
Return to Clubs & Activities
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society is the foremost honor society for two-year
colleges. The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship
among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide
opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate
for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation
of interest in continuing academic excellence.
Phi Theta Kappa at Holmes Community College
- Goodman Campus: Kappa Alpha Chapter
- Ridgeland Campus: Alpha Lambda Sigma Chapter
- Grenada Campus: Alpha Mu Beta Chapter
Phi Theta Kappa membership requirements
- Have completed at least 12 hours of course at Holmes Community College leading to
a degree or certificate. Grades and credits for courses completed at other institutions
will not be considered when determining membership eligibility.
- Have no remedial classes count towards their 12 hours of courses leading to an associate
degree or technical certificate.
- Have achieved a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.50 (on 4.00 scale) at
Holmes Community College, indicating academic excellence.
- Be enrolled in at least three semester hours during the semester in which the member
Invitations are extended during Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters through various
methods of communication, including school email and US mail.