Holmes Association of Legal Students (HALS)
- To develop an interest in and encourage students to pursue careers in the legal field
- To invite students interested in the legal field so that ideas may be exchanged and knowledge increased
- To sponsor speakers, workshops and seminars appropriate to the legal field
- To encourage an awareness of the basic skills necessary to perform work of a legal nature and to provide a better understanding of the responsibilities involved
- To acquaint students with functions of the judiciary and other departments of the courts
- To stimulate a high order of professional standards and ethics among its members
- To endeavor to make high schools, colleges, and business schools aware of the need for subjects in their curricula pertinent to the legal field
Membership shall be limited to Holmes Community College paralegal or pre-law students in good standing. An application for membership shall be presented to the officers for approval.
Schedule of regular club meetings
- Meeting Dates: Last Monday of every month
- Time: 12:15 – 1:00
- Location: RH 213; Ridgeland Campus
Message from the Faculty Sponsor
The Holmes Association of Legal Students (HALS) is affiliated with the National Association of Legal Students and participates in monthly luncheons and seminars through the Mississippi Paralegal Association. We are also involved in activities throughout the community. It is my goal to teach students not only how to be paralegals, but also to be caring individuals who give back to their communities. We accomplish those goals through HALS.
Darleen T. Dozier, CP