What textbook(s) do I need?
- Once you have registered, you can find the textbook information by logging into your Student Profile. (use your Holmes ID number as your student id ex. H00123456)
- To confirm your registration, you must check your Student Profile.
To purchase a textbook:
- Email a copy of your Student Profile to your respective Campus Bookstore as soon as possible. The Bookstore will have all Holmes “provided” course textbooks on the shelf, but the bookstore must order all “hosted” course textbooks from other sources. There will be a $10 shipping charge on all books that have to be ordered. This process could take several days, if not weeks.
- Please allow 3 – 5 days for shipping from the bookstore to your home. In the event that your book must be ordered from the publisher then shipped to your home, please allow from 1 to 3 weeks for it to be shipped. Please print and complete this FORM and submit with your profile to have textbooks shipped to you.
|Goodman Bookstore||Phone: 662-472-9712
Larry Jenkins - Online Customer Service
|Grenada Bookstore||Phone: 662-226-0609
Ivy Moon – Online Customer Service
Cindy Walker – Store Manager
|Ridgeland Bookstore||Phone: 601-605-3362
Barbara King - Online Customer Service
Ginger Jolly – Store Manager
- A Student Profile will not be accepted by fax.
- After the bookstore has notified you that your order is in, you will have 3 business days after the first day of class to pick up your text. Ordering your textbooks from the Holmes Bookstore is the only way that any financial aid can be used to purchase textbooks. If you are a Pell recipient you do not have to wait to order your books, but you will need your book voucher to pick-up books.
If you cannot get the textbook(s) from the Holmes Bookstore, your next step would be to try an online vender, such as
- http://www.amazon.com (you can search by ISBN at Amazon, but be careful not to include the hyphens)
- http://www.bn.com (Barnes and Noble)
There are many other online vendors, as well. Holmes does not endorse any of these sources.
Finally, the bookstore at the community college that is teaching the course might
send the book to you. In some cases, the textbook may be customized, and you can ONLY
get it from the bookstore at the providing college. Every attempt is made to keep
the list of bookstores current, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.