Apply for Graduation
To apply for graduation, log in to MyHolmes portal. Tap the Academics/Career-Technical page and find Road to Graduation. Tap
the Apply for Graduation logo.
Graduation Ceremony and Fees
- $50 non-refundable fee will be billed to student account for marching
- Two marching ceremonies will be held on May 14, 2021 on the Goodman campus
- Goodman and Grenada graduates (combined) - 10 am
- Ridgeland graduates - 2 pm
- Spring 2021 graduation ceremonies will be open to marching graduates only, due to
- The ceremonies will be live streamed and available for friends and family members
to view online.
- Please visit the Holmes Community College website and Facebook page closer to graduation
day for more details on ways friends and family members can be a part of this special
Deadline Dates to Apply
- For December graduates, October 31
- For May graduates, March 31
- For Summer graduates, July 15
To check your progress toward graduation for an AA, AAS, or certificate, run your
Degree Evaluation. If applying for an AA, refer also to the AA Degree Checklist located on the "Road
to Graduation" portlet on the Academics/Career-Technical page of My Holmes.
Valedictory and Salutatory Honors
To be eligible, a student must be receiving an AA or AAS degree, must be participating
in the May graduation ceremony, and must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point
average. The student(s) with the highest GPA (excluding pre-core courses and MAT1233)
will be recognized as Valedictorian, while the student(s) with the next highest GPA
will be recognized as Salutatorian. To be eligible for Valedictory or Salutatory honors,
a student must have completed at least two semesters at Holmes Community College on
a full-time basis.
Honors and Highest Honors
Graduating students may be eligible to receive special recognition based on their
overall quality point averages. These honors will be:
- Highest Honors - for those students with GPA's of 3.7 to 4.0
- Honors - for those students with GPA's of 3.40 to 3.69