All dormitories on the campus of Holmes Community College in Goodman will officially open for students to begin staying overnight at 2 p.m. on Sunday, August 16.
Residents will be allowed to move in their belongings only, the week before classes
begin, which will be August 10 through August 14 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. only each day.
Students must report to the Student Housing Office in the Lorance Student Center to
pick up dorm IDs and room keys.
As a reminder, no students will be allowed to stay overnight until August 16, beginning at 2 p.m., when all dorms officially open.
Also, no students will be allowed to move in their belongings if not registered for at least 15 or more hours on the Goodman campus.
NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO MOVE IN BELONGINGS ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 15, BUT MAY DO SO
ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 16, BEGINNING AT 2 P.M., IF HE/SHE WAS UNABLE TO DO SO DURING THE
Covid-19 Requirements and Instructions for Dormitory Move-In
1. All students must check in at the Student Housing Office when arriving on campus. Room keys and IDs will be given to students before being allowed to move in belongings to dormitory rooms.
2. When entering the Lorance Student Center to visit the Student Housing Office for check-in, everyone must wear a mask, adhere to the six feet apart rule for social distancing, and enter the office one at a time.
3. No more than two adults (18 or older) may assist each student during move-in. No children are allowed in the dormitory or Student Housing Office. Each adult must wear a mask upon entering the dormitory.
4. No extra furniture is allowed to be moved into rooms including recliners, sofas, futons, tables, chairs, etc. Any items not mentioned here or in the Student Housing Rules or Regulations must be approved by the Director of Student Housing.
5. Students are allowed to move in belongings only and will not be allowed to stay overnight until August 16, when all dormitories officially open at 2 p.m.
6. All students and those assisting with move-in are required to wear masks when entering the residence halls and must keep them on for the duration of time inside of them.
7. Students who have not met the 15 hour registration requirement will not be allowed to move in and will not be given a key or ID.
For more information, contact Housing Director Terry Fancher at email@example.com or call (662) 472-9001.