eLearning — Proctored Exams
A “proctored exam” is an exam in which you must come to a testing center where a person checks your identity and then allows you to take the exam under supervision.
IMPORTANT: All Holmes-provided courses will require at least two proctored exams, with one of these being the Final Exam. All hosted courses will also require proctored exams. Proctored exams may be in the form of computerized Canvas tests or paper tests. It is the student's responsibility to make an appointment with an official testing center.
- Holmes CC and the MSVCC provide proctoring services through a service called SmarterProctoring
- Check each course's information to determine the testing dates.
- To schedule your proctored test at any MSVCC testing location, log in to your Canvas
Course and click the SmarterProctoring link at the bottom left hand side of the page.
- Please click on the following link for additional instructions for scheduling a proctored
exam using SmarterProctoring: SmarterProctoring Student Guide
- The ONLY exceptions for not using an official testing center as listed by the MSVCC are:
- If you live out of state, you must contact the eLearning office for instructions. Students must pay any required fee for out of state testing.
- If you are disabled (official disability documentation must be provided) to the point
that it is not physically possible for you to make it to a testing center
- Goodman Campus - email@example.com
- Grenada Campus - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ridgeland Campus - email@example.com
- If you are in the Starkville/Golden Triangle Area you have the option of going to a testing site at Mississippi State University. This site charges a fee for testing. For more information check out the MSU Distance Exam Proctoring Procedure information page.